A minor fire broke out at a private hospital in suburban Mumbai's Mulund on Monday evening, prompting authorities to shift 40 patients to nearby hospitals, officials said.
The fire broke out in a generator set at Apex Hospital in Mulund (West) between 5 pm and 6 pm due to overheating, they said.
No one was injured in the fire, said a civic official, adding the fire brigade shifted 40 patients to five nearby hospitals.
The fire brigade had tagged it as a "level 0" fire and flames were put out by around 6.15 pm, a civic official.
The official said the patients were shifted to other hospitals since Apex Hospital had suffered power failure.
City hospitals were forced to rely on generator sets for a few hours due to a massive citywide power failure at 10:05 am on Monday.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)