Prasar Bharati CEO Writes To Centre, Wants To Quit Prematurely

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Prasar Bharati CEO Writes To Centre, Wants To Quit Prematurely

Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar was supposed to quit next February.


New Delhi:  Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar has written to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry stating he wants to resign the post with effect from November 4.

Mr Sircar, who was appointed as Prasar Bharati CEO in 2012 by the UPA-II government and whose term expires next February, has written to the I&B ministry that he would like to tender his resignation prematurely, top sources told PTI.

In a letter to I&B Minister M Venkaiah Naidu today, Mr Sircar conveyed his desire to leave "just after Diwali", which falls on October 30.

He has written another letter to I&B secretary Ajay Mittal saying, he would like to tender his resignation from the post "with effect from November 4".

Sources added that Mr Sircar may stay on till the auction policy for Doordarshan slots is cleared.

"In the letter to the I&B ministry, (Mr) Sircar has also informed of his wish to relocate to Kolkata," an official source said.

When contacted, Mr Sircar said he did not wish to make any comment on the matter.

Last month, Mr Sircar had said he is considering resigning the post and he has thought "very strongly" about this option.

Mr Sircar had made the comment when asked if he was contemplating to resign as CEO of Prasar Bharati, which runs Doordarshan as well as All India Radio (AIR), amid speculation that he might seek premature retirement.

Mr Sircar had retired as secretary, culture, in the Union government and was then appointed as Prasar Bharati CEO in 2012. 

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................