New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched a massive five-year Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Clean India campaign on Mahatma Gandhi's 145th birth anniversary.
This is the pledge that the PM led today; 30 lakh government employees joined him:
- Gandhi had dreamed of an India which was not only political free but free from garbage and dirt.
- Gandhi had freed our nation now it is our duty to free India from dirt.
- I pledge to do my bit towards cleanliness and take out time for this.
- Every year to spend 100 hours or two hours every week towards this.
- I will not litter or allow anyone to litter.
- Starting with me, with my family , my locality , village and workplace I will work towards this.
- I believe that all those countries which are clean are so because their citizens don't litter and don't allow this to happen.
- With this in mind I will take this message from village to village and street to street.
- I will also get 100 more people to take the pledge that I am taking . They too should spend 100 hours to do this and I will endeavor to make this happen.
- I believe that my first step will help make my country clean.