Paris: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed the 'Mission Innovation' event on the sidelines of the Conference of Parties (COP) 21 climate summit in Paris.
Here are the highlights of his speech:
- Let me begin by saluting President Francois Hollande for his courage and resolve for holding the summit.
- Access to energy and a better life is a universal aspiration, and so are a clean environment and clean habitat.
- As world's majority works its way to prosperity, we have to ensure in spirit of climate justice that a life of a few does not crowd out the opportunities of the many.
- Advanced countries must leave enough room for developing countries to grow.
- We can make conventional energy cleaner and develop newer source of renewable energy.