A day after parliament witnessed ruckus over the Assam citizen draft, Congress moved an adjournment motion in the parliament on Tuesday over the citizen list. Rajya Sabha witnessed three adjournments on Monday, the eighth day of monsoon session of parliament, amid continued uproar.
In the Lok Sabha, interim Finance Minister Piyush Goyal will move the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018, today. The bill, introduced in the parliament by Mr Goyal on July 23, empowers home buyers to be recognised as financial creditors. The amendments to the IBC is intended to give relief to the home buyers by recognising their status as financial creditors, thus giving them due representation in the Committee of Creditors (CoC) and making them an integral part of the decision-making process.
It also proposes to reduce the minimum voting threshold for the Committee of Creditors (CoC) to 66 per cent, from 75 per cent for key decisions.
Here are the live updates of moonsoon session in parliament
Opposition anger over the final draft of the Assam citizens' list, which leaves out 40 lakh people, consumed parliament today. Uproar started in Rajya Sabha as BJP chief Amit Shah rose to speak after a temporary adjournment. Minutes later, the house was adjourned for the day.
- The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill 2018
- The Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- The National Sports University Bill, 2018