- Mumbai Rains: Waterlogging reported from several low-lying areas
- Mumbai Weather: Moderate rainfall or thundershowers predicted in city
- Monsoon arrived in Mumbai on Wednesday, the IMD declared
Mumbai Monsoon news and updates:
The Monsoon arrived in Mumbai on Wednesday. The city received heavy rainfall in the last 24 hours. The latest satellite images "looks very promising with dense clouds" over the west coast, tweeted senior weather scientist, KS Hosalikar. Mumbai,Thane, Belapur, Raigad, Ratnagiri and a few other districts will get heavy rain today, the India Meteorological Depart (IMD) said in its latest weather weather warning for Maharashtra. Waterlogging has been reported in many low-lying areas of Mumbai. Heavy rain has submerged railway tracks between Sion and GTB Nagar Railway Station.
मुंबई मालाड मध्ये सकाळ पासून पाऊस सुरू झाला... pic.twitter.com/f2qbPnuEaz— K S Hosalikar (@Hosalikar_KS) June 9, 2021
Mumbai Monsoon: All you need to know
- Monsoon arrived in Mumbai today, the IMD has declared
- In the last 24 hours, Colaba weather station recorded 65.4 mm and Santacruz 50.4 mm rainfall
- Since the beginning of June, Mumbai recorded 185 mm rainfall
- The Southwest Monsoon is progressing fast after reaching Kerala on June 3
- Mumbai is getting intermittent heavy showers since Tuesday
- There is warning for heavy rain in parts of Mumbai and the Konkan region
- High tide is expected at 11:43 AM in Mumbai
Mumbai Monsoon: The latest satellite images show dense clouds
Mumbai & aroubd areas recd wide spread hvy rains in last 24hrs seen here in fig2; Belapur 150mm+.Latest satellite image looks vry promising with dense cloudings ovr west coast with Mumbai,Thane too.Hvy RF warnings r already issued ovr west coast by IMD.— K S Hosalikar (@Hosalikar_KS) June 9, 2021
आजMumbai ????Onset could be! pic.twitter.com/mA1wYMflpu
Mumbai Rains: Waterlogging in many areas
#WATCH | Maharashtra: Andheri Subway in Mumbai, closed due to severe waterlogging. Several parts of the city are witnessing waterlogging today due to heavy rainfall. #Monsoonpic.twitter.com/heb4iFJRxd— ANI (@ANI) June 9, 2021
- Waterlogging has been reported in parts of Mumbai like Sion, Andheri and a few other low-lying areas.
- Heavy rain has submerged railway tracks between Sion and GTB Nagar Railway Station
- Traffic jams have also been reported after heavy rain and water logging in Mumbai.
- Severe waterlogging at Kings Circle in Mumbai, due to heavy rainfall.
- Train tracks between Kurla and CSMT submerged. Trains have been halted as a precautionary measure and services to resume as soon after the water recedes: CPRO, Central Railway