- The significance of traditional sweets in Eid cannot be stated enough
- Eid celebrations are incomplete without traditional desserts
- This piece is dedicated exclusively to the brilliance of Quemaami Sevai
Before we go ahead and take you through the steps of cooking Quemaami Sevai to perfection, here are few tips that you must keep in mind:
- Raw sevai should always be fried in pure desi ghee
- Make sure that the flame is slow else you'll risk burning the vermicelli.
- The ratio of ghee to vermicelli should be perfect to get the best result.
- Go for fine vermicelli, finer threads come out better and taste fantastic.
Sevai - 250 gms
Sugar - 500 gms
Clove - 6
Green cardamom - 6
Bay leaves - 2
Ghee - 4 tbsp
You can add ingredients as per your convenience. Many people also like to add in more food items for a richer experience. You can experiment with items like khoya, more nuts and dry fruits like almonds, pistachios, makhanas, cashews, chironji and grated coconut.
Fry vermicelli properly in a wok in ghee.
Now make sugar syrup by combining sugar in water and letting it boil.
Strain the syrup once it is done.
Now, add ghee in a wok and fry clove, cardamom and curry leaves. Then add dry fruits of your choice and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Once you start getting a warm aroma, add in sugar syrup and keep stirring.
Take it off the flame and mix sevai properly.
Garnish grated nuts and dry fruits atop.
Recipe courtesy: Faisal Kidwai
Election Results for Lok Sabha Election 2019 will be out on May 23. Get the latest election news and live updates on ndtv.com/elections. Catch all the action on NDTV Live. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for news updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the election 2019