New Delhi: The Defence and the Foreign Ministries addressed a press conference in New Delhi after ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir.
Here are the big highlights:
- Almost 20 infiltration attempts have been foiled by army successfully this year
- Infiltration of terrorists across Line of Control has been a matter of serious concern
- We have recovered items including GPS and stones with Pakistani markings
- Captured Pakistani terrorists have confessed to their training in Pakistan or territory controlled by Pakistan
- Matter taken up at highest diplomatic levels and military levels at regular times
- We had proposed fingerprints and DNA samples of killed terrorists can also be made available
- Despite Pakistan commitment not to allow its territory for terrorism, no let up in terror actions
- Based on specific and credible information received yesterday that some terrorist teams had positioned themselves at launch pads at LoC with aim to infiltrate
- The army conducted surgical strikes last night at these launch pads.
- Significant casualties to terrorists and those supporting them