- A balanced diet is extremely important for managing weight
- Carbohydrates are the main sources of energy
- Vitamins and minerals are necessary for functioning of the body
Are you struggling to lose weight? With a lot of fancy and health related information all around, some people may follow fad diets to lose weight. Fad diets like keto diet, Mediterranean diet, vegan diet and any more focus on a particular food group and aid in short-term weight loss. Also, these diets are difficult to sustain as they focus on a certain type of food. If weight loss is your health goal, you need not worry about it as in the following article, we will talk about a diet which has no side-effects and is extremely simple to follow. Not only will this diet help in quick weight loss but also keep it off forever. The diet we are talking about is balanced diet. A balanced diet refers to eating each and every food group in the right proportions. In this way, you do not miss on the essential nutrients. Now, let us have a look at the several benefits of balanced diet.
Here's why you should eat a healthy and balanced diet:
1. A well-balanced diet helps in building immunity because the diet is rich in vital vitamins and minerals. This helps you from preventing infections and certain lifestyle diseases.
2. A balanced diet is extremely important for managing weight. Fad diets aid in short-term weight loss and cannot help you sustain your weight for long. It's only through a well- balanced diet that you can lose weight and keep it off forever.
3. A healthy and a balanced diet can also help you manage your stress and deal with depression and anxiety
4. A well balanced diet can help boost your metabolism, keep certain diseases at bay and promote overall health and well-being
Here's how you can follow a balanced diet:
Proteins play an important role in tissue repair, metabolism, muscle mass, growth and development and weight loss. Some foods rich in proteins are soya products, chicken, dairy products, fish, legumes and nuts.
Carbohydrates are the main sources of energy. Some foods rich in carbs are legumes, whole grains and fruits and vegetables.
Vitamins and minerals are the nutrients necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. Fruits and vegetables are rich in essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, zinc, and vitamin K.
Fats also provide you with energy. They also play an important role in the synthesis of fat soluble vitamins such as A ,D,E and K. Some sources of healthy fats are egg yolk, ghee, nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, mustard oil and butter.
Apart from following a healthy balanced diet, even fix meal timings play an important role in quick weight loss. All the more important, a diet rich in all the nutrients will help you lose weight but not health.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.