- A healthy nutritious breakfast can help you lose weight
- Dairy products are loaded with proteins and calcium
- Oats are a whole grain and are rich in fiber and protein
You might have heard a lot of times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast as the name suggests means breaking the fast. Morning breakfasts provide the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast. A healthy nutritious breakfast will help you lose weight, improve mental performance, keep you energetic all day long and maintain blood glucose levels. In today's busy schedules, many people skip their breakfasts, or eat ready-to-eat packaged foods that lack adequate nutrients. Moreover, these foods will not provide you any health benefits and will at the same time make you gain weight. Also, one should not miss the importance of proteins in breakfast. The king of nutrients proteins is extremely important for the human body and must be included in your diet especially breakfasts. Let us tell you why.
The importance of including proteins in your breakfast:
- Proteins are important as they can help you lose weight. This is because proteins keep you fuller for longer, controlling your hunger pangs
- Nutrient protein is important for bone density, enhancing muscle strength, cartilage and effective weight management as well
- Including the nutrient protein in your diet helps keep your hunger satisfied and you eat healthy foods all day long
- Protein-rich healthy breakfast gives a kick start to your day. You feel energetic and it reduces the chances of drowsiness, sluggishness and headaches
- Another important reason to include proteins in your breakfast is it helps boost metabolism which is also beneficial for weight loss
Have a look at some healthy protein-rich breakfasts:
1. Whole eggs
A super convenient and delicious breakfast option can be whole eggs. Extremely rich in proteins and other essential nutrients, eggs should be included in your morning breakfasts.
2. Chicken salad
Another protein rich food which should be included in your breakfast is chicken. You can make a chicken salad for yourself. Include some slices of chicken and protein rich vegetables like carrots, turnips, spinach and mustard greens
Another weight loss friendly breakfast option can be a bowl of oatmeal. Oatmeal are rich in dietary fibre and have significant amounts of proteins. You can make a bowl of oats with milk and even add some fruits to make it all the more nutritious.
4. Protein smoothie
Dairy products are rich in calcium and proteins. You can make a protein-rich smoothie for yourself. It is easy to prepare. You can add some fruits of your choice, healthy nuts and seeds to make a nutritious drink for yourself. You can even add a dollop of nut butters for additional intake of proteins.
Protein and fibre rich breakfast for weight loss:
The two nutrients proteins and fibre are important for quick weight loss. This is because they help you keep full for longer duration. This in turn prevents you from overeating in the next meal. You can combine some proteins with fibre rich food to speed up your weight loss goals.
For instance, boiled eggs with vegetables like spinach, cherry tomatoes and avocado, chicken with asparagus, carrots and beans, oatmeal with yoghurt or berries and smoothie with any fruit of your choice.
Also read: So... Why Do We Eat Eggs For Breakfast?
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.