- Pomegranates have 3 times the antioxidants of green tea and red wine
- It is good for your skin, hair and helps in boosting immunity
- It is a great fruit for people who have arthritis
Pomegranates are one of the healthiest fruits on this planet. They are loaded with multiple nutrients and are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, protein, fibre, folate and potassium. In order to further elaborate on the health benefits of pomegranates, health coach Luke Coutinho went live on Facebook recently. For thousands of years, pomegranates are used as medicine in different civilisations across the world. This is not to infer that fruits like pomegranate can replace medicines for treating health problems. The idea is to say that any disease is multifactorial. And to treat it, there are many things which people need to do so as to eliminate its root cause, along with its symptoms.
Pomegranate is a fruit which is grown in abundance and is also extremely tasty. Including pomegranate in your diet can be helpful for everyone.
Health benefits of pomegranate which will surprise you
4. Pomegranate has a property which can help in thinning of blood. This is the reason the fruit is recommended for heart patients.
5. It is a great fruit for people who have arthritis, knee pain or have cartilage that are getting weaker. Pomegranate plays a huge role in protecting our cartilage by neutralising the enzyme which breaks down cartilage.
7. Pomegranate helps in regulating cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure levels. It is a heart-friendly fruit and can be eaten every day. Opt for whole fruits instead of pomegranate juice, recommends Luke.
8. The fruit is also great to be given to children. It can stay fresh for 6 to 7 hours and doesn't need refrigeration.
9. Pomegranate is great for improving memory and brain health. People with Alzheimer's and dementia can benefit by including pomegranate in their diet. The fruit is excellent for generation of neurons in the brain.
10. Pomegranate is a great fruit for improving sexual performance and fertility. This is because it helps in improving blood flow in your reproductive organs - which is an essential requirement for good sexual health. The fruit also helps in improving fertility.
11. Ellagic acid in pomegranate is great for hormonal balance in the body. This is especially for people who have more production of oestrogen in the body. Men suffering from prostate cancer can benefit by including pomegranate in their diet.
(Luke Coutinho, Holistic Lifestyle Coach - Integrative Medicine)
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.