- Keanu Reeves will play a role as Thomas Anderson / Neo
- 'Matrix 4' is directed by Lana Wachowski
- 'The Matrix Resurrections' will world premiere on December 18
Cinema lovers across the world are talking about The Matrix Resurrections and rightfully so. The movie, which is the fourth instalment in The Matrix film franchise, comes nearly 20 years after the last film, The Matrix Revolutions. And, this time around, it looks like things have only gotten bigger and better in the world of the Matrix. As Keanu Reeves reprises his role as Thomas Anderson / Neo, he is joined by a stellar cast including Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett Smith, Neil Patrick Harris, Priyanka Chopra, and Christina Ricci. And, the film has been trending on social media, yet again, with it being confirmed that Priyanka Chopra would be portraying the role of Sati in the upcoming film.
With The Matrix Resurrections -- commonly referred to as Matrix 4 -- scheduled to release on December 22, here's all you need to know about the film.
- The most recent and talked-about update from The Matrix Resurrections project is confirmation that our very own Priyanka Chopra will play the role of Sati in the film. While fans of the franchise had already pitched theories to this effect, the Instagram page of Warner Brothers Korea revealed through a post that the actress indeed plays the role of Sati. The poster features Priyanka Chopra along with the name of the film in Korean as well as the character name, Sati, in red along with a hashtag that reads Sati. The character Sati, the daughter of Rama-Kandra and Kamala, was created without a purpose, solely out of love. Therefore, she was always at the threat of deletion. However, she is allowed to survive and is protected as the Oracle believes that Sati can have an important role to play in the Matrix world. Well, it looks like she is here to play her part.
- The Matrix Resurrections is the first film in the series to be directed by Lana Wachowski alone. Previously, The Matrix (1999), The Matrix Reloaded (2003), The Matrix Revolutions (2003) have all been directed by Lana Wachowski along with her sister Lilly Wachowski.
- The newest instalment of The Matrix Resurrections has a heady mix of some old favourites and new stars. While Keanu Reeves returns as Neo/ Thomas Anderson, he will be accompanied by Carrie-Anne Moss and Jada Pinkett Smith, who will be reprising their roles of Trinity and Niobe respectively. And, the lineup of stars who are making their debut in the Matrix world is just as impressive. We have the likes of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jessica Henwick, Neil Patrick Harris, Jonathan Groff, Toby Onwumere, Max Riemelt, Eréndira Ibarra, Priyanka Chopra, Andrew Caldwell, Brian J. Smith, Ellen Hollman, and Christina Ricci in pivotal roles.
- This is also the first time a film from the Matrix franchise will not have a score by Don Davis. This time around Warner Bros have confirmed that Johnny Klimek and Tom Tykwer would be scoring the film.
- The production for the film is rumoured to have begun under the codename Project Ice Cream in February 2020, in San Francisco. The Matrix Resurrections is scheduled to have its world premiere on December 18, 2021, in San Francisco and will have a theatrical release on December 22.