- Jennifer Aniston ranks second with $25.5 million
- Jennifer Lawrence holds the third spot with $24 million
- Amy Adams rounds up the list with $11.5 million
So who is on the list? Emma Stone, Oscar-winner for La La Land, is #1 for the first time, with Forbes reporting earnings of $26 million. Jennifer Lawrence, who topped the list two years in a row, has slipped to third place, behind Jennifer Aniston. The Jennifers are at $25.5 and $24 million respectively - JLaw made just half of her 2016 total.
The top three on the list of 10 are the only actresses to have made over $20 million. They are followed by Melissa McCarthy, Mila Kunis, Emma Watson, Charlize Theron, Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts and Amy Adams.
Forbes reports a 16% drop in the cumulative earnings of the world's top actresses - $172.5 million this year, down from $205 million in 2016. Forbes also notes that half the actresses on the list are over 40 - Jennifer Aniston, Melissa McCarthy, Charlize Theron, Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts and Amy Adams - a significant achievement given the scarcity of roles for women their age. Forbes also flags another ugly truth - only 28.7% of speaking roles in films are filled by women.
Awaited, the list of the 10 highest paid TV actresses on which Priyanka Chopra might find a place, as she did last year.
Here is the full list of the world's highest paid actresses and earnings as ranked by Forbes:
1. Emma Stone - $26 million
2. Jennifer Aniston - $25.5 million
3. Jennifer Lawrence - $24 million
5. Mila Kunis - $15.5 million
6. Emma Watson - $14 million
7. Charlize Theron - $14 million
8. Cate Blanchett, - $12 million
9. Julia Roberts - $12 million
10. Amy Adams - $11.5 million