Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE, is expected to release the Classes 10 and 12 date sheets for Vocational subjects soon on the official website of the Board. An official confirmed to NDTV that the Board is still finalising exam time table for both all India secondary and senior secondary examinations and it will take time to release the date sheet for Core subjects. According to a statement released by the Boarth, exams for the Core subjects will he held on March next year. The Board, which has 20,299 schools in India and 220 schools in 25 foreign countries affiliated with it, conducted the annual Board exams on the months of March and April last year. The exams were mired in controversy last year after the cases of paper leak reported in various parts of North India.
"The Board is yet to start the registration process and it will take time to come out with the final date sheet for Board exams," the official told NDTV.
The official also said the time sheet for the Vocational subjects, for which the exams will be held on February next year, will be released on this Friday or after.
CBSE, in a press statement recently confirmed that the examinations for all the Core academic subjects will continue to be held in the month of March in pursuance of a court order which has, according to the Board, directed Delhi University and CBSE to ensure from the commencing academic year, that the results of annual examinations conducted by CBSE, including results of re-evaluation, "are taken into account whilst determining the cut-off date for admission to colleges of the University of Delhi".
CBSE Date Sheet 2018 Soon, 10 Important Things Students Should Know
CBSE date sheets will be available on the official website the Board, cbse.nic.in
1. The Board is expected to release both the Class 10 and Class 12 time table for Vocational subjects this week.
2. The Class 10 and Class 12 date sheet for Core subjects' annual examinations will be released later.
3. According to CBSE, there will be a slight advancement of the Board examinations this year. CBSE has claimed that this 'slight advancement' of date sheet of the board will facilitate slightly earlier declaration of both - the main results and the re-evaluation results - as compared to earlier years.
4. This change in date sheet has also been recommended by the 7 member High Powered Committee which was constituted to examine the process of conduct of CBSE exam and suggest measures to make it secure and foolproof through the use of technology. The government's move came after it decided to conduct re-exam for Class 12 economics paper on April 25, 2018, amid huge anger over the question papers being leaked.
5. The committee has been asked to revisit all aspects related to the security checks built into the system for ensuring that the Question papers reach the examinees without tampering and also to examine and assess all areas of potential weakness in the present system of transporting question papers from the printing presses to the examinees.
6. The Board has decided to hold exams for Skill Education (Vocational) and related subjects in second half of month of February, 2019. 40 Skill Education (Vocational) subjects are taught in Class 12 and while 15 such subjects are in Class 10.
7. CBSE offers a basket of over 240 subjects to its examinees of Class 10 and Class 12. In class 12th, the only compulsory subject is language, while in class 10th the compulsory subjects are Languages, Mathematics, Science and Social Sciences.
8. More than 25 lakh students are expected to register for both CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 annual examinations this year.
9. Last year, the CBSE Class 10 and 12 annual examinations were held from March 5 to April 27. CBSE released the Class 10 annual exam results 2018 on May 29 while the Class 12 results were announced three days earlier, on May 26.
10. The CBSE Class 10 date sheet and Class 12 date sheet will be made available on the official website of the Board, cbse.nic.in.
Click here for more Education News