CBSE Class 10 Maths, Class 12 Economics Papers Cancelled: 10 Facts
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed unhappiness about the leak of Class 10 and 12 CBSE papers, which is forcing students to take the exams again, sources told NDTV.
2. The HRD minister said that he understands the troubles students and parents have to go through with these issues, and assured that robust systems for examinations will be put in place. Mr. Javadekar told the media today that malpractices have been reported from some schools in Delhi.
3. "Some parts of the paper were leaked on WhatsApp and we have made a police complaint regarding it. Investigation is underway and strict action will be taken. We have also decided to tighten security for the time when papers are being distributed," HRD Minister said.
4. A hand written question paper of the Class 12 Economics examination had allegedly been circulating on WhatsApp a day before the examination. Many questions in this "leaked" paper were the same that appeared in the actual examination, reports suggested.
5. Delhi Police's crime branch has begun investigating the alleged leak of Class 12 Economics paper after registering a case in the matter, an official said today. Alok Kumar, joint commissioner of police, crime, confirmed a case was registered yesterday following a complaint by the Board.
6. Students have been alleging paper leak since the board exams started on March 5. While, the board had denied allegations of any paper leak and had called it the work of miscreants, the decision for re-examination does affirm that there had been a lapse on part of the board to ensure a fair examination.
8. CBSE board examinations began on March 5 and class 10 examinations were expected to be concluded by April 4 while the last date for Class 12 exams was April 13. CBSE conducted 10th Maths examination today and 12th Economics examination on March 26. A total of 16,38,428 candidates have registered for class 10 examination this year. 11,86,306 candidates have registered for class 12 examination.
9. Apart from CBSE, papers leaks were also reported from several other boards including Maharashtra and Kerala.
10. The HRD minister also said the CBSE will release new dates for re-examination.
Some parts of the paper were leaked on WhatsApp & we've made Police complaint regarding it. Investigation is underway & strict action will be taken. We have also decided to tighten security for the time when papers are being distributed: HRD Minister on X, XII CBSE paper leak pic.twitter.com/0HtqsJtB7K— ANI (@ANI) March 28, 2018
Click here here for more Education News