All the bodies that had been missing since the Eastern Star capsized during a freak storm on June 1 have now been found, the official Xinhua news agency reported over the weekend.
The number of survivors was lowered from 14 earlier, after realisation that there had been some duplication in the count.
"Different government bodies made repeated calculations of the number of survivors, thus leading to a miscalculation" Tang Guanjun, head of the Yangtze River Navigation Affairs Administration, told reporters late on Saturday, Xinhua said.
n "A 60-strong team looking into the capsizing have collected a multitude of first-hand evidence and have interviewed many people including the captain, who survived", the government said last week.
Police have detained the captain and chief engineer for questioning as part of the investigation. An initial probe found the ship was not overloaded and had enough life vests on board.
The company which operated the ship has apologised for the disaster and said it would "fully" cooperate with the investigation. The government has pledged there would be 'no cover-up'.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.