Congress President Rahul Gandhi is set to address four public rallies in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. Mr Gandhi will address public rallies in Krishnagiri, Salem, Theni and Madurai today. In Theni, Mr Gandhi will address a political rally to gather support of Congress candidate EVKS Ilangovan. In a direct attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, Mr Gandhi said, "PM Modi is not invincible and it will become clear after the Lok Sabha elections." Yesterday, 91 seats across 18 states and two union territories went to polls in the first phase of Lok Sabha elections. Mr Gandhi's rallies today are scheduled for the remaining phases of the seven-phased national elections. Tamil Nadu goes to the Lok Sabha polls in a single phase on April 18.
Here are the highlights from Rahul Gandhi's rallies in Tamil Nadu:
Congress manifesto is not the "Mann Ki Baat" of one megalomaniac. It is the "Kaam ki Baat" of the nation
- Make in India is an empty slogan by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Wherever we look we see made in China
- The moment Congress comes to power, "we will give you a real GST, one tax, minimum tax and simple tax"
- In the last five years, PM Narendra Modi ran a government for 15 people, and you know the names
- These are Anil Ambani, Mehul Choksi, Nirav Modi and they are Mr Modi's friends
- We will never ever let the people of Tamil Nadu be ruled by Nagpur. Tamil Nadu is going to be ruled from Tamil Nadu and MK Stalin is going to be the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu