A Twitter user has shared a video of live maggots inside a ketchup dispenser that she claims was filmed at a McDonald's outlet in Cambridge, UK. The revolting video shows maggots wriggling inside a transparent ketchup dispenser. "Never going near the ketchup in @McDonalds again. For those of you who can't tell, these are MAGGOTS," wrote Twitter user Isabella, tweeting the McDonald's brand account.
Isabella adds that she told a staff member about the maggots, who allegedly ignored her and continued serving other customers. "We had to literally stop someone from eating it because they didn't realise," she added.
I told one member of staff and she literally just ignored me and carried on serving customers- Isabella (@bellaritchie00) October 3, 2018
Since being shared online on Wednesday, her footage has collected over 40,000 views and received a response from McDonald's UK as well.
In response to the video, McDonald's UK wrote that its customer service team is "picking this up directly and launching the investigation."
Hi Isabella, we have found your friend's email to our Customer Services team and they are picking this up directly and launching the investigation. Should you require any further assistance from us or have any further questions, please send us a DM.- McDonald's UK (@McDonaldsUK) October 4, 2018
Meanwhile, here is how Twitter users reacted to the stomach-churning video:
Cambridge McDonalds - absolutely appalling!!! https://t.co/kDpoguydWv- Jodie (@GrecianQueen) October 4, 2018
You could actually sue, especially cos they're still serving food!!!- Courtney (@_courts_o) October 3, 2018
I go there like most Wednesday nights as well I just wanna be sick knowing about this- Brittany Foster (@MyLittleBirdyxo) October 7, 2018
Incredibly enough, this is not even the first time that McDonald's has had to deal with a maggot-related incident. In August last year, a woman in Australia found maggots inside the patty of a McDonald's burger.
Click for more trending news