Short-circuit and problems with the blower may have triggered the fire, police said (Representational)
- Police said the man got trapped in the car and could not get out in time
- Short-circuit and problems with the blower may have triggered the fire
- The victim worked as an engineer in a private company
A 45-year-old engineer died after being trapped in his car when the vehicle caught fire early Tuesday in Greater Noida, police said.
The man was identified as Pavan, a native of Amba in Himachal Pradesh, they said, adding how the fire started is being investigated.
A police officer said by the time they reached the spot near the DPS Society, under Kasna police station limits, the vehicle, a sedan, was already in flames and the body was later found inside.
"The man was identified as Pavan, who was working in a private company here. He was returning after a night shift when the incident took place at 5.30 am. He was only half a kilometre short of reaching home," police said.
Police said the identity of the victim was confirmed after matching the details of registration number of the car.
"It appears that the running car, a Ford Ikon, had caught fire and the man could not eject himself out in time," police said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, police said.
The police official said short-circuit and problems with the blower appear to have triggered the fire but an investigation was underway.
"We have got to know that he had sent Christmas greetings to friends and relatives in the morning, around 5 am. Everything was fine till then until the fire broke out accidentally. It appears that he could not eject himself from the vehicle in time," police said.