No casualty was reported in the blaze caused by a short circuit that was doused by 4.20 pm.
"The fire started at a ground floor conference hall and spread to the first floor of a lounge near the airport's gate number 9," an official said.
An official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)'s Disaster Control Room said the blaze started in the afternoon and fire brigade personnel rushed to the site along with eight fire engines, six jetties and water jets.
"The fire did not hamper flight operations. Nobody was harmed in the incident," they added.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.