UPSC Prelims 2020: The Civil Services preliminary exam for selection to Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and other services is over. Selection to the civil services is done through a preliminary exam, a main exam and an interview which are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates who qualify the UPSC Civil Services Prelims will be shortlisted for the main exam which is scheduled in January, 2021. UPSC had earlier scheduled the exam on May 31. Due to COVID-19 pandemic the exam was postponed.
UPSC Prelims 2020 Live Updates: Here's Question Paper Analysis
UPSC prelims 2020 begins. Candidates being checked at exam centre.
The UPSC Civil Services preliminary exam has concluded. The exam was held following guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19. Candidates appeared for the exam wearing masks. UPSC may release the question paper tomorrow.
The next session of UPSC Civil Services exam will begin at 2.30 pm and candidates have been asked to reach the exam centre before the reporting time. The entry gate for the next session exam will close at 2.20 pm. As per reports over 10 lakh candidates have registered to appear for the exam.
The UPSC prelims exam has started.
The Civil Services prelims has begun now. The exam will be held in two sessions: first session from 9.30 am and the second session from 2.30 pm.
As per the decision taken by the Government for increasing the access of unemployed to job opportunities, the Commission will publicly disclose the scores of the candidates (obtained in the written exam and interview) through the public portals. "Candidates will be required to give their options at the time of Interview/Personality Test, while downloading the e-Summon Letter from the Commission's website for the interview. A candidate may opt out of the scheme also and in that case his/her details will not be published by the Commission," UPSC has notified.
This year's Civil Services exam is being held to fill 796 vacant posts which include 24 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
The UPSC exam will be held in two sessions. The first session will begin at 9.30 am and the second session will begin at 2.30 pm. UPSC has asked candidates to reach the exam centre before the scheduled time. For morning session exam, the entry gate will close at 9.20 am.
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group 'A'
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group 'A'
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group 'A' (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group 'A'
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group 'A'
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group 'A'
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'
UPSC candidates are not allowed to carry:
- Watches fitted with any special accessory
- Any type of communication device
- Mobile phone, (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment
- programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc.
- Bluetooth device
- Valuable or costly items
For the UPSC exam, candidates are allowed to carry:
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottle
- Admit card
- Black ball point pen
- Photo ID
- Normal or simple wrist watch
Central and Western Railways have permitted UPSC candidates to travel by special suburban services over Mumbai Suburban railway network during two days of the examination over this weekend.
For all the candidates who are sitting for the UPSC preliminary exam, others have wished good luck. The exam which will be held today is the first test for selection to various Civil Services. Candidates who qualify this exam will be shortlisted for the main exam and finally the interview will be held. The main exam is scheduled to be held in January, 2021.
The Delhi Metro will start its services little early on Sunday to facilitate the movement of candidates appearing for the UPSC preliminary examination, the DMRC said. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Preliminary examination is slated to be held from 9.30 AM on Sunday.
- Candidates should wear mask to the exam centre.
- Candidates should carry their own sanitizers in a transparent bottle
- Candidates can also carry a transparent water bottle
- Candidates have to follow COVID 19 norms of 'social distancing' as well as 'personal hygiene' inside the examination halls/ rooms as well as in the premises of the venue
The Civil Services exam will be held in shifts today. As per reports close to 10 lakh candidates have registered to appear for the exam. Civil Services exam is billed as the toughest exams in the country. UPSC had earlier scheduled the exam on May 31. Due to COVID-19 pandemic the exam was postponed.