PM Modi replied to the debate on the motion of thanks in the Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi replied to the debate on the motion of thanks in the Lok Sabha to the President's address today. The discussion started yesterday and the motion is likely to be adopted by the House, where the ruling NDA has a big majority, tomorrow, following the prime minister's reply. In his speech, PM Modi launched a scathing attack at the Opposition.
Here are the top quotes from PM Modi in the Lok Sabha:
- Three lakh fraud companies were shut down due to demonetisation. Mahatma Gandhi wanted the Congress dissolved. I am just fulfilling his wishes.
- Price rise and Congress are a team. When Congress comes, so does rising prices. The NDA Government has worked to keep prices under check.
- Our friends in the Congress see things in two time periods. BC - Before Congress, when nothing happened. AD - After dynasty, where everything happened.
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar was always ahead of his time. He said that joining Congress is like committing suicide.
- In hating Modi, the opposition has begun to hate the nation. That is why their leaders go to London and do press conferences to show India in bad light.
- You know what is my crime for them? That a person born to a poor family is challenging their Sultanate.
- Congress does not want our Air Force to become powerful. You had left Army handicapped; it was not in a position to carry out surgical strikes.
- Think about it, Congress imposed Emergency, but Modi is destroying institutions. Congress insults Army, calls the Army Chief a Gunda but Modi is destroying institutions. Congress misuses Article 356, but Modi destroying institutions. Congress leaders create stories that Indian Army is doing a coup but Modi is destroying institutions.
- The people of India have seen the work a Government with a full majority can do. They have seen the work of NDA. They do not want a "mahamilawat" Government of those who assembled in Kolkata.
- In the past four years, there are over 6 lakh 35 thousand new professionals in the country. Do you think a doctor has opened his clinic or nursing home, he will only be given a job to a person, or a chartered accountant will only be running his office by placing one person on the job? No.
Election Results for Lok Sabha Election 2019 will be out on May 23. Get the latest election news and live updates on ndtv.com/elections. Catch all the action on NDTV Live. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for news updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the election 2019