This Article is From Dec 14, 2021

3 Cops Dead, 11 Injured In Terror Attack On Police Bus Near Srinagar

Srinagar terrorist attack: All injured personnel havebeen evacuated and taken to varioushospitals. The area has been cordoned off.

Srinagar terrorist attack: Two people have died, and 12 were injured.


Three Jammu and Kashmir armed police personnel have died and 11 have been injured after two terrorists attacked a police bus near a police camp at Zewan on the outskirts of Srinagar last evening, police said. While 2 policemen died last night, one succumbed to injuries this morning. 

One of the fallen policemen is an assistant sub-inspector and another a section grade constable. The injured have been shifted to the hospital where the condition of some is said to be critical. 

Terrorists resorted to heavy firing on the bus in the highly secure area that houses several camps of various security forces. The incident took place in the Zewan area. 

The area has been cordoned off and a search operation launched to track down the assailants. 

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed condolences to the families of those who were killed in the attack and has sought details. "PM @narendramodi has sought details on the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir. He has also expressed condolences to the families of those security personnel who have been martyred in the attack," the Prime Minister's Office tweeted. 

Former Jammu and Kashmir chief ministers Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti have also offered condolences to the bereaved families. While Mr Abdullah "unequivocally condemned" the attack, Ms Mufti attacked the Centre for a "false narrative of normalcy" in Kashmir. "GOIs false narrative of normalcy in Kashmir stands exposed yet there has been no course correction," her tweet said. 

This attack comes days after two policemen were killed after terrorists opened fire at a police team in Kashmir's Bandipora district. Two policemen were critically injured and were shifted to a hospital where the doctors declared them dead on arrival. The incident took place in Bandipora's Gulshan Chowk on December 10. 

This is the second major terrorist attack in the valley after the recent spate of targeted attacks on migrant workers and members of the minority communities in Kashmir. All the terrorists behind the target killings have been killed in a series of encounters in the last two months, the police had said.