New Delhi: Delhi Police chief BS Bassi in an exclusive interview with NDTV's Barkha Dutt on Sunanda Pushkar case investigation.
Here are the highlights of the interview :
- Certain clarification could not be obtained in our forensic science labs, medical board report on Dec 29, 2014 which mentioned that death was due to unnatural cause.
- As far as we are concerned we don't want to presume anything, want to go by facts.
- The new medical report is assertive in certain respect.
- It was deemed necessary to register a case under 302.
- Team is working, whatever they deem necessary can't fix a timeline.
- Could be next few days (on when Tharoor will be questioned).
- Not ruling out anything, if something has happened who's responsible.
- He had spoken with me, allegation were not found correct, perhaps he was informed wrongly by domestic help (on allegation by Tharoor).
- Always look for background, not likely to be persuaded by TV.
- We have an open mind, SIT won't leave out anything relevant.
- SIT's task will be to look into the background of all injuries.
- Decision on murder FIR not based on one factor.
- Tharoor's charges of political angle are incorrect.
- Investigation won't be kept on shelves of Delhi Police.
- Report will be scrutinised in court, can't afford to be wrong.
- Probe team to go into causes of injuries on Sunanda's body.
- CCTV footage police's key evidence, won't discuss it.
- Not legally bound to give documents to Tharoor at this point.