This is the third ceasefire violation by Pakistan in two days.
"Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing on Indian posts in Naugam sector around 7 am," an Army official said in Srinagar.
He said the Pakistani troops used small fire arms and mortars but there were no reports of any casualty. The troops exercised restraint and have not retaliated so far, he added. The second ceasefire violation took place in Mendhar sector today.
A senior police officer in Jammu said, "There was firing from across the border on forward areas along the LoC in Balnoie belt of Mendhar in the district around 4.30 am." There were no casualties, he added. Yesterday, Pakistani troops had targeted Indian positions with small firearms along the LoC in Sabzian belt of Poonch district.
On September 2, Pakistani troops had resorted to ceasefire violation by firing on forward army posts along the LoC in Akhnoor sector in Jammu district.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)