New Delhi: A day after he resigned as Law Minister, Ashwani Kumar spoke to the media. Mr Kumar had to resign after getting into trouble for making deletions in a CBI report on its coal allocation investigations meant for the Supreme Court.
Highlights of his press conference:
- No adverse comments made against me by the Supreme Court.
- I resigned to put an end to controversy.
- My conscience remains clear.
- I will stand vindicated.
- When papers for resignation are put in, it does not imply wrongdoing.
- Certain political decisions are necessary.
- I'm a loyal foot soldier of the party.