The bus that connects Bihar to Nepal can seat up to 44 passengers.
Patna: An air-conditioned deluxe bus service connecting Bihar and Nepal was flagged off on Tuesday by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Mr Kumar said the initiative will strengthen the relations between Bihar and Nepal. The bus services were commissioned following the agreement between two regions. The bus aims to promote Buddhist tourism. The bus that connects Bihar to Nepal can seat up to 44 passengers.
Here are 5 things to know about Bihar-Nepal bus service:
- Four Bihar-Nepal buses connecting Bodhgaya to Kathmandu via Patna, Raxaul and Beerganj have started.
- Similar four buses will ply from Patna to Janakpur that will go via Muzaffarpur and Sitamarhi. Its fare is Rs 400.
- The bus services from Kathmandu to Bodhgaya will be started by the Government of Nepal on the September 13.
- The bus will leave Bodh Gaya at 10 AM and the bus fare would be Rs 1,250.
- Fare of the Patna-Kathmandu bus would be Rs 1,015.
(With Inputs From ANI)
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.