Narendra Modi and Angela Merkel addressed the media today after their bilateral talks.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said India is looking at "quantum jump" in economic ties with Germany -- a nation that's already the largest trading partner in the European Union and a top source of foreign direct investment. PM Modi, who reached Germany on the first leg of his six-day four-nation tour, held bilateral talks with Chancellor Merkel this morning. It was the fourth intergovernmental consultations -- a format Germany follows with only a few countries, which include China, Israel and France. After the meeting, the two leaders jointly addressed the media.
Here are the Top 5 quotes from his address:
- We are looking at outcome oriented momentum in India-Germany ties and a quantum jump specially in economic ties.
- German involvement in Make in India has seen a significant increase, particularly by Mittelstand companies. German participation is also important in Skill India.
- Germany's extensive work in skill development, which has set the standards globally, can benefit the youth of India.
- India is giving an impetus to next-generation infrastructure and this is an area in which we want to work extensively with Germany. Science and technology, the start-up world are important areas which have been given attention to during this visit.
- Let's assume that the Paris Climate Deal had not happened. What would India have done? We have been a responsible nation and always will be. We are taking aggressive steps to ensure that we move rapidly towards clean and renewable sources of energy. A clean environment is a top priority for India.
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh,Rajasthan,Mizoram,Chhattisgarh,Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.