- COMCASA allows two countries to share high end encrypted communication and satellite data.
- When a US warship or aircraft detects a Chinese warship or submarine, the Indian Navy will now get to know instantly through the transmission of secure encrypted data to a receiver installed at Naval Headquarters in New Delhi.
- The agreement will help give a legal framework for defence technology transfer.
- Signing COMCASA allows India to acquire Sea Guardian drones, which can detect and target enemy warships.
- India's decision to sign COMCASA comes at a time when the United States has voiced its opposition to India's acquisition of the Russian S-400 missile shield since it violates the US Countering America's Adversaries through Sanctions Act.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.