At least 10 dwellings and two granaries were reduced to ashes today in a devastating fire at Deb in Papum Pare district, police said.
The inferno, which broke out in the wee hours, gutted 10 buildings and two granaries besides damaging other property worth over 25 lakh, Additional Deputy Commissioner Jalash Pertin said.
The cause of the fire was reported to be an electric short circuit, Mr Pertin said.
However, there was no report of any injury, he said. Immediate relief was distributed to the victims as per government norms, he said.