- Chia seeds are rich in fibre and essential nutrients
- Chia seeds can be added to foods and drinks to make them filling
- Chia smoothie, chia seed tea cake and more recipes for weight loss
Chia seeds may be small, but their health benefits are nothing but minuscule. Chia seeds have lately gained the tag of superfoods, due to their nutritional prowess. The tiny oval-shaped and soft multi-coloured seeds are rich in a number of essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Although they hail from Mexico, chia seeds are now popular with health freaks around the world, as they are super healthy and also extremely versatile. They are used to improve the nutritional content of a number of breakfast foods and drinks and even desserts. Also known as salvia hispanica, these seeds are primarily grown for their oil, but when consumed whole or used as ingredients in healthy foods, chia seeds can help in weight loss too! This is because they are enriched with fibre, which makes them filling and also able to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
Benefits of chia seeds are aplenty. Chia seeds are good for boosting metabolism. They are rich in a number of essential nutrients including calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and B vitamins.
Chia Seeds For Weight Loss: Chia seeds are good for boosting metabolism
Here are some benefits of chia seeds, which make them ideal for weight loss:
1. Boost Digestion: One of the best benefits of chia seeds is that they help in boosting digestive health. A healthy digestive system is crucial for effective and quick weight loss and chia seeds can boost digestion in a major way. This is because according to USDA data, every 100 gm chia seeds contain 40 gm dietary fibre.
2. Boost Energy: Chia seeds can give your body a boost of energy as well. Add them to your pre-workout drinks or smoothies and you'll be able to sweat it out in a better way in the gym.
3. Regulate Blood Sugar: The high fibre content of chia seeds means that they promote satiety and help in regulation of blood sugar levels, warding off hunger pangs and eliminating the need for you to eat more often.
4. Regulate Level Of Cholesterol: Another amazing benefit of chia seeds is that they may help in regulating levels of blood cholesterol. Some recent studies have linked consumption of chia seeds with heart health, as they fight bad cholesterol or LDL and promote good cholesterol or HDL.
Chia Seed Recipes For Weight Loss
Chia seeds are hydrophyllic in nature and go excellently well in drinks or semi-liquid desserts. However, they can even be used to prepare more filling dishes like cakes, breads and cookies. If you're looking to add chia seeds to your weight loss diet, here are four excellent healthy chia recipes for you to add to try out:
Prepared with the goodness of bananas and chia seeds, this tea cake goes well with any kind of hot beverage, including coffee.
This is the perfect breakfast or pre-workout snack and takes just five minutes to prepare. This smoothie is ideal for everyone looking to lose weight.
This one is a summer essential to help fill you up and cool you down. It contains the goodness of cucumbers, spinach, honey, tangerines and obvious chia seeds. It's nutritious and delicious too!
This is the perfect power breakfast for busy mornings and is the perfect medley of fruity and nutty goodness with bananas, dates, chia seeds in the milk porridge, topped with cinnamon and chopped almonds.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.