- People across the globe will be celebrating Halloween on 31st October
- It falls a day before All Saints Day or All Hallows Eve
- Halloween tradition involved carving pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns
As a part of the celebrations on Halloween, people adorn spooky dresses, carve jack-o'-lanterns, light bonfires, trick-or-treat friends and family, visit haunted attractions, play pranks and narrate spooky stories. Hundreds of years ago in Ireland, Halloween tradition involved carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns in order to scare the evil spirits passing away through the Irish farms, since then it has become a vegetable synonymous to the festival, which is mostly celebrated by Americans.
Halloween 2017: Pumpkin Recipe to Savour this Halloween
Pumpkin ghost cake
Chef Sandeep Rane, Henpecked, Kalaghoda
Preparation time: 35 to 45 minutes
- 50 grams Butter
- 85 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 1 egg
- 1.2 grams Baking powder
- 5 Pumpkin seeds
- 5 grams Pumpkin puree
- 50 grams raspberry puree
- 12 grams icing sugar
- 5 grams Fresh raspberry
- Soft the butter add caster sugar mix well,
- Now add all dry ingredients and sieve and keep it on side,
- In the butter sugar mix start adding egg one by one and mix gently,
- Now add pumpkin puree and mix
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts and fold using plastic spatula
- Now cake mix is ready, fill in round cupcake mould and bake it at 170 degree for 8 minutes.
- Method raspberry gel
- Mix all ingredients in jug and blend it using blender.
- After baking pumpkin cake fill raspberry gel in center using piping bag.
- Now cover the cake with round sugar past sheet
- Make funky eyes and face with black sugar paste and stick it.
Be your spooky best and make this Halloween enjoyable and fun!