- People across the globe will be celebrating Halloween on 31st October
- It falls a day before All Saints Day or All Hallows Eve
- Halloween tradition involved carving pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns
As a part of the celebrations on Halloween, people adorn spooky dresses, carve jack-o'-lanterns, light bonfires, trick-or-treat friends and family, visit haunted attractions, play pranks and narrate spooky stories. Hundreds of years ago in Ireland, Halloween tradition involved carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns in order to scare the evil spirits passing away through the Irish farms, since then it has become a vegetable synonymous to the festival, which is mostly celebrated by Americans.
Halloween 2017: Pumpkin Recipe to Savour this Halloween
Pumpkin ghost cake
Chef Sandeep Rane, Henpecked, Kalaghoda
Preparation time: 35 to 45 minutes
- 50 grams Butter
- 85 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 1 egg
- 1.2 grams Baking powder
- 5 Pumpkin seeds
- 5 grams Pumpkin puree
- 50 grams raspberry puree
- 12 grams icing sugar
- 5 grams Fresh raspberry
- Soft the butter add caster sugar mix well,
- Now add all dry ingredients and sieve and keep it on side,
- In the butter sugar mix start adding egg one by one and mix gently,
- Now add pumpkin puree and mix
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts and fold using plastic spatula
- Now cake mix is ready, fill in round cupcake mould and bake it at 170 degree for 8 minutes.
- Method raspberry gel
- Mix all ingredients in jug and blend it using blender.
- After baking pumpkin cake fill raspberry gel in center using piping bag.
- Now cover the cake with round sugar past sheet
- Make funky eyes and face with black sugar paste and stick it.
Be your spooky best and make this Halloween enjoyable and fun!
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.