Salman and Sonam on the sets of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. This image was posted on Twitter by @avigowariker
Actor Anil Kapoor is quite excited about his daughter Sonam Kapoor's upcoming film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
in which she stars opposite Salman Khan. The actor says the two make a good couple on screen. (Also Read: Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor in a Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Moment
"It's a Sooraj Barjatya film so there is excitement. I am excited about watching it. He is a great director, he has made some path-breaking films. He has changed the way films are made in India. He has huge fans," Mr Kapoor told PTI in an interview here.
"People like Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar are completely inspired by his (Barjatya's) kind of filmmaking. He changed the way marriages are celebrated in India. He got the whole value, family system back which is the fabric of India. He has contributed a lot to this country," he added.
A family drama, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
features Salman in a double role. It is one of the most awaited films of the year considering that Mr Barjatya and Salman have earlier given blockbusters such as Maine Pyar Kiya
and Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!
Sonam and Salman had earlier shared screen space in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Sawaariya
"She was opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Sawaariya
). I think both Salman and Sonam are really good looking people. I think they look great together. I hope people like them," the actor, 58, said.Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
, which also co-stars Neil Nitin Mukesh and Swara Bhaskar, is scheduled for release on November 12.
While Anil is excited about Sonam's upcoming film, he is reluctant to talk about his son Harshvardhan Kapoor, who will make his film debut with the Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra-directed Mirziya
"I don't want to say anything about my son, it is too early. I am not going to say anything, when the time is right, we will talk. Let his work speak," he said. Anil Kapoor is also excited about the sequel to his film No Entry
and his television show 24
. Besides this, he has a couple of films under the banner of his home production.
"We are producing Battle for Bittora
and there is another film which we can't talk about as we are working on the script. As of now we are focusing on 24
. Saat Hindustani
has been put on hold," Mr Kapoor said.
On reports that Pakistani actor Fawad Khan had been replaced by Farhan Akhtar in Battle for Bittora
, he said, "Just wait and watch."
Meanwhile, Anil Kapoor is happy with the success of his latest release Welcome Back
"I am really happy with the response we are getting for the film. It is a huge franchise and people have showed their love towards the film and our characters," he said.