- The roast is streaming on Netflix
- Danielle Jonas, Sophie Turner and Priyanka also participated
- Lilly Singh, John Legend were also a part of the roast
Who doesn't like a good joke? Everyone loves to laugh but the jokes may be a tad bit hard to digest if you are the punchline. But this is exactly what the Jonas Brothers - Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas and Kevin Jonas - signed up for on the Netflix special Jonas Brothers Family Roast. The show, which was released on Netflix on Tuesday, saw the who's who of Hollywood and the Internet land up to lovingly roast the musicians. The celebrities that graced the roast included the wives of the musicians - Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Sophie Turner and Danielle Jonas. It also included the likes of the brothers' father Kevin Jonas Sr, comedians Kenan Thompson, Lilly Singh, Jack Whitehall, Pete Davidson, singer John Legend and Dr Phil.
Needless to say, the merry bench made sure the sibling trio was left red in the face not just from embarrassment but also from laughing. We have compiled a list of 10 burns from the Jonas Brothers Family Roast that is sure to leave you in splits.
1.We are starting with our very own Desi Girl, Priyanka Chopra, who brought a whole lot of sass and fire to the segment. Addressing the age gap between the two, Priyanka said that it is all fine because the two “teach each other” things. The actress added, “He [Nick Jonas] showed me how to use TikTok, and I showed him what a successful acting career looks like,” causing Nick Jonas to hide behind the sofa.
2. Priyanka Chopra said that she found it cute that the Jonas Brothers posted so much content on Instagram. Why? “Because all of them combined still have less followers than me. So, I guess the most popular Jonas is @PriyankaChopra on Instagram,” she said.
3. Singer John Legend even wrote a song -- well, a roast song - titled, You're not quite the Beatles. And, an excerpt from the song goes, “You can take them home to Granny; But they've never won a Grammy.” Ouch.
4. Danielle Jonas joked about her first meeting with husband Kevin Jonas and said, “I basically ignored him the whole time, which he loved because he said it reminded him of his mom.”
5. In the introduction, host Kenan Thompson calls Nick Jonas the Mitt Romeny of Jonas Brothers, adding that “he looks like a glass of milk came to life.”
6. YouTuber Lilly Singh roasted the brothers by saying that she felt a part of the family because “at Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra's wedding, Kevin and Joe both said to me, ‘We are so happy you are marrying our brother, Nick.”
7. Saturday Night Live star Pete Davidson also cracked up the crowd by saying that he is a huge fan of the brothers. He added cheekily, "Oh, I am a huge fan. I listen to the Jonas Brothers every time I am in the supermarket."
8. Taking a dig at Kevin Jonas, Pete Davidson said, “Did you know Nick even had a hit called Jealous? Though it would have been way more believable if Kevin was singing it."
9. There were quite a few potshots at Nick Jonas' film career. Pete Davidson said, “Nick's a legit actor now. He's won everything from a Kids' Choice Award to a Teen Choice Award."
10. Blake Shelton, who has worked with Nick Jonas on The Voice, said that he likes Nick because he was “non-threatening”. How? In his words, “Labels aren't out there telling their artist, “Don't drop your music this week because Nick Jonas has a record coming out.” Usually, it's the complete opposite. “Hey, drop your music this week. There is no competition.” That must have hurt.
The Jonas Brothers seemed to have a blast at the roast cheering and clapping for the guests. Tell us your favourite moment from the Jonas Brothers Family Roast in the comments below.