World University Ranking 2018: Duke University Tops THE Best Law Universities Ranking; India Not In Top 100
Times Higher Education (THE) has released the ranking for Law Universities around the world. The list is topped by Duke University in United States.
Education | Written by Anisha Singh, | Updated: Oct 5, 2017 6:08 pm IST | Source: NDTV
As per the Times Higher Education ranking for 2018, the top ten Universities in the world for Law are:
- Duke University, United States
- Stanford University, United States
- Yale University, United States
- University of Chicago, United States
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University College London, United Kingdom
- Harvard University, United States
- University of Toronto, Canada
As per the THE website, Harvard has ranked ninth on the scale because of its low score for teaching.
Indian Law Universities Absent In Global Rankings
In the top 100 Law Universities across the globe, there is not a single Indian University. Although, India has its fair share of Law Universities such as NLUs however none of these have featured in any of the global rankings yet.
In fact, even the MHRD which has been releasing NIRF rankings for Universities and colleges across India for the last two years, is yet to rank Law Universities in India.
This lack of recognition in terms of global and national ranking, speaks volumes about the state of law education in the country. While the ranks are beneficial for students in helping them choose the best possible institute for them, the rankings also inspire institutes to strive to do better and improve infrastructure and quality of education.
Click here for more Education News