Upendra Kushwaha also detailed the infrastructure sanctioned for elementary and secondary government schools in these districts under SSA and RMSA, since 2009-10:
- New schools approved in SFDs: 2812
- Strengthening of schools: 4826
- Girls Hostel: 474
- ICT in school: 8273
- Opening of new Primary Schools (including EGS to PS): 6677
- Opening of new Upper Primary Schools (UPS): 5677
- Construction of Primary School buildings: 6287
- Construction of Upper primary School buildings: 4619
- Construction of Additional Classrooms: 125936
He also informed that the Ministry of Tribal Affairs administers a programme under Article 275 (1) of constitution which provides grants to 27 states for setting up of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs) for quality education of ST students of Class VI to Class XII.
The government also releases funds for infrastructural development of tribal residential schools including hostels under Article 275(1) of the Constitution and Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Plan.
Talking about the medium of instruction in tribal schools, he said that Section 29(2) (f) of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 states that "medium of instructions shall, as far as practicable, be in child's mother tongue". The National Curriculum Framework (NCF), 2005 also elucidates the importance of imparting primary education in the mother tongue of the child.
Click here for more Education News