Management as a career is extended to students from different fields. Indian Institutes for Management (IIM) are a group of 20 public, autonomous institutes of management education and research in India. IIMs dominate the field of management studies in India and getting into an IIM is considered to be a tough nut to crack. However, IIMs are not the only institutes which offer quality education in management discipline.
MHRD recently released NIRF rankings for higher education institutes in India. NIRF India Ranking 2019 was announced on April 8. According to the NIRF Ranking 2019 some of the top institutes for an MBA other than IIM is IIT Kharagpur which was placed at rank 6, XLRI Jamshedpur at rank 7, IIT Delhi at rank 9 and Symbiosis Institute of Business Management at rank 20.
Admission to various management institutes in the country is mostly through Common Aptitude Test (CAT). CAT scores are accepted for shortlisting candidates for various IIMs, IITs and other institutes. Several premier institutes like XLRI Jamshedpur, SIBM Pune also conduct their own entrance examinations.
NIRF Ranking 2019: Top 25 Non-IIM MBA Institutes In India
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal (NIRF Rank 6)
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand (NIRF Rank 7)
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (NIRF Rank 9)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (NIRF Rank 10)
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (NIRF Rank 11)
- Management Development Institute, Gurugram (NIRF Rank 12)
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (NIRF Rank 15)
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (NIRF Rank 16)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai (NIRF Rank 18)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (NIRF Rank 20)
- SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NIRF Rank 20)
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (NIRF Rank 22)
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad, Telangana (NIRF Rank 26)
- International Management Institute New Delhi (NIRF Rank 27)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, Maharashtra (NIRF Rank 29)
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha (NIRF Rank 30)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi (NIRF Rank 31)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad (NIRF Rank 31)
- T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal (NIRF Rank 33)
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (NIRF Rank 34)
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi (NIRF Rank 35)
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (NIRF Rank 36)
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore (NIRF Rank 37)
- Fore School of Management, New Delhi (NIRF Rank 38)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (NIRF Rank 39)
Click Here for more Educational News
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.