On the occasion of Teacher's Day, here are APJ Abdul Kalam's ten oaths for teachers of the country.
1. First and foremost, I will love teaching. Teaching will be my soul. Teaching will be my life's mission.
2. I realize by being a teacher, I am making an important contribution to the efforts of national development.
3. I realize that I am responsible for shaping not just students but ignited youth who are the most powerful resource under the earth, on the earth and above the earth.
4. I will consider myself to be a great teacher only when I am capable of elevating the average student to the high performance and when no student is left out as a non-performer.
5. I will organize and conduct my life, in such a way that my life itself is a message for my students.
6. I will encourage my students to ask questions and to seek answers in order to develop the spirit of enquiry, and they blossom into creative enlightened citizens.
7. I will treat all the students equally and will not support any differentiation on account of religion, community or language.
8. I will continuously build my own capacities in teaching so that I can impart quality education to my students.
9. I will constantly endeavour to fill my mind, with great thoughts and spread the nobility in thinking and action among my students.
10. I will always celebrate the success of my students.
Also Read: Remembering APJ Abdul Kalam On Teacher's Day
Click here for more Education News