MHRD released the first ARIIA ranking 2019 yesterday. The rankings were announced by President Ramnath Kovind. ARIIA or Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievement recognizes institutes which encourage high quality research, innovation and entrepreneurship. IITs have featured heavily in the first ARIIA rankings. IIT Madras, which has bagged the first spot for best institute in overall category and engineering category in the NIRF rankings, leads the table for ARIIA ranking too.
Apart from IIT Madras, there are six other IITs in the top ten list of ARIIA rankings for government institutes.
In the category of Private or Self-Financed institutes, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore has been ranked first.
The complete list of institutes that have been ranked in ARIIA 2019 is given below.
ARIIA Ranking 2019: Top 10 Government Institutes
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
4. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
6. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
7. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
9. Panjab University, Chandigarh
10. Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
ARIIA Ranking 2019: Top 5 Private Institutes
1. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
2. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
3. SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
4. JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysuru
5. Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr.Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
Click here for more Education News
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.