In the letter issued recently, CBSE has directed all schools to discontinue offering 3 electives for class 9 and three electives for class 11 students from the upcoming academic session, i.e. 2018-19.
The subjects which have been discontinued for class 9 students are:
- English Communicative (code 101)
- Information and Communication Technology (code 166)
- e-Publishing and e-Office (code 354 & 454)
The subjects which have been discontinued for class 11 students are:
- Dance - Mohiniyattam (code 062)
- Multimedia and Web Technology (code 067)
- English Elective CBSE (code 101)
Apart from the subjects which have been discontinued from this year onwards, three academic electives have been merged with similar vocational electives and will be offered as Vocational Electives from the session 2018-19 in class 11. These subjects are:
- Agriculture (code 068)
- Fashion Studies (code 053)
- Mass Media Studies (code 072)
From this year onwards 'Sanskrit Communicative' (code 122) has been renamed 'Sanskrit' (code 122) as prescribed by NCERT. 'Foundations of Information Technology' (code 165) has also been renamed to 'Computer Applications' (code 165).
Click here for more Education News
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.