How To Prepare For CAT 2017 In 60 Days?
Mock tests will not just help you keep a track of your performance and improvement, but will also get you in the right frame of mind for the examination day.
Education | Written by Anisha Singh, | Updated: Sep 25, 2017 4:52 pm IST | Source: NDTV
Mock tests will not just help you keep a track of your performance and improvement, but will also get you in the right frame of mind for the examination day. Knowing all the topics is one thing, and applying that knowledge to a question during an exam in an environment of stress is another.
Why are Mock Tests important?
If you look at the supposed syllabus for CAT exam, it is not a tough nut to crack but what most students lack at is time management and strategy. Solving mock tests would help you develop your own strategy and help you manage time. There are only 100 questions in a CAT question paper, to be solved in 3 hours. To succeed in the exam one needs to pick and solve questions strategically and this where solving mocks would help.
Strategy for last 60 days of CAT preparation
- Solve and analyse at least 2 mock tests in a week which means you would be solving at least 16 mocks before the exam. You can increase the number of mocks to at least 3-4 in a week two-weeks prior to the exam.
- Solve at least one sectional paper every day.
- Though IIMs never release CAT previous year papers, but there are question papers available with similar set of questions as asked in previous CAT exams. Solve them too.
- Read newspapers and editorials every day. This will help you in comprehension section and subsequently during Writing Ability Test and Personal interview.
- Last but not the least, make a schedule and stick to it. Do not skip even an hour worth of preparation as it can make a huge difference too.
Click here for more Education News
Suggested For You
08 Apr'22 05:00 PM to 08 Apr'22 06:00 PM IST
4 min read Feb 28, 2022 Read More
02 Apr'22 05:00 PM to 02 Apr'22 06:00 PM IST
03 Apr'22 12:00 PM to 03 Apr'22 01:00 PM IST