CAT 2017 exam will be convened by IIM Lucknow. The official notification is expected by the end of July and like last year the registration for CAT exam will be conducted in August, 2017.
10 Important Points About CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
1. CAT 2017 will be a computer-based test.
2. Like last year, this year too, the exam will be of three hour duration.
3. There will be three sections in the question paper and each section will have a sectional duration of one hour. Extra time will be provided to candidates in the physically disabled category.
4. The three sections in the question paper would be - Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI & LR), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA).
5. There will be 100 questions in total.
6. There will be both MCQ and Non-MCQ questions.
Read Here: When Is The Right Time To Begin preparation For CAT 2017?
8. The distribution of questions across the sections would be uneven. Last year there were 34 questions in VRC and QA, 32 questions in DI and LR section.
9. For every correct answer, 3 marks would be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
10. Candidates will be provided with a virtual calculator on the screen.
Click here for more Education News
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.