University of Mumbai had scheduled examination for the following courses on January 3 which were to be conducted between 3 pm to 6 pm:
- BA Third year annual exam
- M.Ed. Special Education (Hearing Impaired) Semester I
- MA Part I and II Annual exam
- B.Com. Semester VI
- M.Com. Part I Annual Exam
- B.Sc. Third Year Annual Exam (for IDOL students)
- B.Sc. IT Semester V
- MCA Semester IV (for IDOL students)
- Second LLB/General LLB (Three year Course ) and fourth year LLB (Five year course) Semester VII
Earlier Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) had also postponed an examination which was scheduled for today. In light of the protests happening in several regions of Maharashtra, several schools also remained closed today.
In 2017, University had come under scanner for delaying results for several courses for which the exams had been conducted in summer 2017. It was then that the Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao had directed that the University must declare the result for the winter examination within 30 days.