- Around 700 electronic voting machines (EVMs) have been installed in 52 centres for the DUSU election.
- The polling in the morning colleges started at 8 am and will end at 1 pm. In evening colleges, voting will be held between 3 pm and 7.30 pm.
- Senior faculty members have been posted as observers at voting centres.
- The counting of votes will start at 8:30 am on September 13 in the Community Hall, Police Lines, Kingsway Camp, Delhi.
- The NSUI promised the "Institute of Eminence" tag to the university and thali for Rs 10 during their poll campaign.
- The ABVP promised to spend 50 per cent of the student union's budget on women and social justice-related activities.
- The ABVP also promised to lay special emphasis on sports in the university and installing sanitary pad vending machines in colleges.
- The Aam Aadmi Party's student wing, the Chhatra Yuva Sangharsh Samiti and All India Students Association (AISA) are jointly contesting the polls.
- The AAP's student wing promised installation of CCTV cameras, setting up of police booths on campus, ending the "culture of hooliganism" and opposing commercialisation of education.
- Last year, the DUSU polls saw a 43 per cent voter turnout.
With inputs from PTI
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.