- Two diaries have been found with what appear to be instructions on death and salvation. The details match with the way the bodies were found - faces wrapped almost entirely, mouths taped and hands tied behind the back.
- The police say the notes contain details of a "badh puja" ritual, which means "everybody should hang like the branches of a banyan tree". Everybody should be on board, it was asserted in the jottings.
- The notes said no one could use the phone, so six phones were left together on silent mode. The mobile phones were found in a cupboard, wrapped in a polythene bag.
- According to the police, the "instructions" included choosing a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, "following rituals strictly" and perform a havan or ritual. "The more dedication, the better the result," said the notes.
- Narayan Devi, found in her bed, also died because of hanging, the police believe. A rope was found hanging near her body and it is being investigated who took it off her neck, a PTI report said.
- The others were Narayan Devi's daughter Pratibha, 57, sons Bhavnesh, 50, and Lalit Bhatia, 45, and their families. Bhavnesh's wife Savita, 48, and their three children Meenu, 23, Neetu, 25, and 15-year-old Dhruv were found hanging. So were Lalit Bhatia's wife Tina, 42, and their 15-year-old son Shivam.
- Pratibha's daughter Priyanka, 33, who was engaged to be married last month, was also hanging. An IT company employee, she was said to be excited about the wedding later this year. Narayan Devi had one more son and a daughter who lived away.
- "I can't believe that they committed suicide. Everyone was so happy. Someone has killed my family and the police have to find them," said Sujata Nagpal who lived in Panipat with the family.
- CCTV footage shows that a food was delivered at the Bhatia home on Saturday night, around 10:40 pm.
- Around 11 pm, Priyanka chatted with her cousin about wedding shopping.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.