All 4 Accused In Karkardooma Court Firing Are Juveniles: Police

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
All 4 Accused In Karkardooma Court Firing Are Juveniles: Police

The entire plan was allegedly masterminded by Naseer.


New Delhi: 

All four accused arrested for allegedly shooting dead a constable and injuring an undertrial in Delhi's Karkardooma court on Wednesday have been found to be juveniles "hired" for killing the undertrial.

Following their arrest, the police is now a look out for their Bulandshahr-based accomplice who allegedly plotted the dramatic shootout on the direction of a north-east Delhi-based gangster-- Naseer, who is currently in jail.

The police, within 24 hours, cross-checked the records and ascertained the age of the attackers. The four accused had claimed they were juveniles following their detention after the incident, a police official said.

While two of them had no criminal record, one was an accused in a robbery case and the other was allegedly involved in the brutal murder of a youth at southeast Delhi's Ambedkar Nagar area last year, the official added.

The entire plan was allegedly masterminded by Naseer.

Naseer had a grudge against the undertrial, Irfan, who had allegedly killed one of his prime aides, said the official.

While the undertrial, who was the actual target, sustained two bullets in the firing and is in a hospital, the head constable, Ram Kanwar Meena, escorting him died after being hit by four bullets, the official said.

"Naseer had instructed one of his aides at Bulandshahr to arrange people for the attack and the juveniles were specially hired keeping in mind the legal provisions in connection with them," said the official.

The Bulandshahr-based man (name not disclosed) arrived in Delhi and met two of the juveniles, who later roped in two more to execute the plan.

They were all briefed by the man about the case again. Teams will be sent to Bulandshahr to look for the co-conspirator. The police are also gathering evidence, after which they are also likely to book Naseer in the case, the official added.

Meanwhile, it has also come to the fore that the third batallion of the Delhi Police, entrusted with the transport of prisoners between jails, courts and medical facilities, had told the court about the threat to the life of Irfan and requested for hearings through video conferencing.

The proposal, however, was pending till Th, when the incident took place, a senior official said.



Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................