- Ms Bora, 24, was strangled to death in April 2012 and the next day, her body was set on fire in a forest in Raigad on the outskirts of Mumbai.
- The local police found the body, failed to investigate it properly to determine its identity, and preserved samples-including pink cloth, a bone and a broken tooth.
- Then, the Raigad police in May 2012 buried the body in the same forest where it had been found.
- The Mumbai police says it has managed to locate the skull and other body parts of Ms Bora, and that the samples taken in 2012 have been found in a forensic lab of JJ Hospital.
- So far, three people have been arrested for the murder of Ms Bora: mother Indrani Mukerjea, Sanjeev Khanna who was Ms Mukerjea's second husband, and Ms Mukerjea's driver.
- Mr Khanna has allegedly told the police that he was asleep in Ms Mukerjea's car when Ms Bora was allegedly strangled.
- Ms Mukerjea and her husband, Peter Mukerjea, founded and then exited media group INX surrounded by a whorl of allegations of embezzlement in 2009.
- The police says it's looking at whether Ms Bora had been enlisted by them in a web of proxy firms that concealed illicit wealth. Sources say a financial assignation that had soured is being examined as the likely motive of the murder.
- Ms Bora was in love with her step brother, Rahul Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea's son from an earlier marriage.
- Peter Mukerjea has told NDTV that his wife and he had clearly told the couple they did not approve of their relationship.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.