Opinion: Why Shashi Tharoor Could Be Real Challenger To GandhisAunindyo Chakravarty | Tuesday September 20, 2022
Tharoor therefore appeals to that section of India's elite which doesn't like the BJP's political Hindutva, but also dislikes Rahul Gandhi's anti-capitalist rhetoric and his idealistic adherence to liberalism and his brand of secularism.
Opinion: Arvind Kejriwal, A Startup Founder Who's Understood The GameAunindyo Chakravarty | Friday September 09, 2022
Realpolitik demands that Mr. Gandhi recognises this and rolls back his anti-corporate rhetoric. Without that, his Congress will not succeed, whether or not it learns from Mr. Kejriwal and reinvents itself as a startup.
Opinion: Communication? Congress Doesn't Get It. BJP DoesAunindyo Chakravarty | Monday May 16, 2022
This was meant to be a piece on the Congress party's Chitan Shivir. But it has become one on why the party has lost its "connection with the people" - these are Rahul Gandhi's words, not mine.
Opinion: The Big Problem With PK's 'Plan' For CongressAunindyo Chakravarty | Sunday April 24, 2022
Prashant Kishor's grand-but-doable plan to revive the Congress before the 2024 elections requires tons of money.
Opinion: Why The Gandhis Have No Takers Among VotersAunindyo Chakravarty | Saturday March 12, 2022
Rahul Gandhi is a poor politician, an erratic communicator, doesn't understand realpolitik and is insecure about young leaders in the party who could probably do a better job of leading it.
Opinion: Giant Win Aside, Akhilesh Yadav's Result Will Worry The BJPAunindyo Chakravarty | Thursday March 10, 2022
Akhilesh is nipping at the heels of the Modi-BJP. The BJP will not make things easy for him. UP will have to be ready for daily political battles over the next two years.
Opinion: Reading Between The Lines Of Rahul Gandhi's SpeechAunindyo Chakravarty | Thursday February 03, 2022
Rahul Gandhi is hoping that by promoting the idea of India as a 'union of states', he can position the Congress as the central representative of regional elites.
Opinion: Netaji's Growing Status In Project Political HindutvaAunindyo Chakravarty | Tuesday January 25, 2022
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose has become what the anthropologist Claude Levi Strauss would have called a 'floating signifier' - a sign or an idea whose original content has disappeared, and it can now receive any significance.
Opinion: Another Modi Message To Lutyens' Delhi On Transfer Of PowerAunindyo Chakravarty | Sunday January 23, 2022
Why did Indira Gandhi choose to erect a memorial to soldiers who had given their lives for the Bangladesh War right under the archway of that monument to the colonial army, India Gate? And why has PM Modi chosen to extinguish its fire and merge it in
Opinion: Making Sense Of Paytm's Debacle DebutAunindyo Chakravarty | Thursday November 18, 2021
India's biggest-ever IPO has fallen flat on its face on Day 1. Paytm sold shares at Rs 2,150, listed at Rs 1,950 and closed at its day low of Rs 1,560.
Blog: A 'Boom' Is Coming Soon, But Only For The Top 1% Of IndiansAunindyo Chakravarty | Tuesday October 19, 2021
This coming 'boom' will also be a bubble that will directly benefit the top 1-2% of households in India, and at best have a positive multiplier effect on the top 10%. As always, the remaining 90% will continue to barely keep their nose above water.
Blog: What BJP Hopes To Gain With New Savarkar vs Gandhi ClaimAunindyo Chakravarty | Thursday October 14, 2021
It is the beginning of a process to displace Gandhi as the leading figure of the national movement, and make him a dissenting fellow-traveller of Hindutva, who betrayed it at the last moment by agreeing to Partition.
Blog: Why G-23 Cannot Dent The Gandhis For NowAunindyo Chakravarty | Tuesday October 05, 2021
The battle between Rahul Gandhi and the G-23 is not just a turf war. It is a battle for personal political survival.
Blog: Why Uday Kotak's Right About India Needing To Print MoneyAunindyo Chakravarty | Thursday May 27, 2021
The money needs to go to those who need it the most, it needs to be spent on sectors that generate the maximum employment. Otherwise, it will end up lining the pockets of the wealthy and increasing India's incredible inequality.
Blog: Why Modi's Tears Scare The OppositionAunindyo Chakravarty | Monday May 24, 2021
The PM's tears will also be understood and internalized by voters, based on the way in which that specific action is communicated to them.