Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley was present when the manifesto was released.
Highlights of the manifesto:
- Cold storages and agro processing units at the district level.
- Rs 4125 cr plan to provide irrigation facilities to tribal farmers.
- Power generation to be doubled in the next five years.
- Land under irrigation to be increased by 16 lakh hectares.
- New speciality hospitals in Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot & North Gujarat.
- Courts for women in more talukas, drinking water for all.
- Greater job opportunities for more than 30 lakh youth.
- Policy to be framed to encourage positive attitude among families towards the birth of girl child.
- English medium government schools empowering children of poor and middle income families.
- Geriatrics hospital wards to be introduced. Also, Sunday Out Patient Department (OPD) for senior citizens.
- Youth policy to ensure holistic development of youth and sports.