Ahmedabad: In Gujarat today, chief minister Narendra Mod released the BJP manifesto for the state which votes on December 13 and 17.
Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley was present when the manifesto was released.
Highlights of the manifesto:
- Cold storages and agro processing units at the district level.
- Rs 4125 cr plan to provide irrigation facilities to tribal farmers.
- Power generation to be doubled in the next five years.
- Land under irrigation to be increased by 16 lakh hectares.
- New speciality hospitals in Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot & North Gujarat.
- Courts for women in more talukas, drinking water for all.
- Greater job opportunities for more than 30 lakh youth.
- Policy to be framed to encourage positive attitude among families towards the birth of girl child.
- English medium government schools empowering children of poor and middle income families.
- Geriatrics hospital wards to be introduced. Also, Sunday Out Patient Department (OPD) for senior citizens.
- Youth policy to ensure holistic development of youth and sports.