In the words of Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh, he was a "summer storm, he came and he's gone."
2. People couldn't stop tweeting this picture showing banners printed clearly anticipating a very different result
3. Someone imagined AAP supporters watching the results unfold
4. Another imagined how Mr Kejriwal might stop people from tuning in
5. Someone wondered how PM Modi might console the Delhi Chief Minister
6. Another wondered what Mr Kejriwal might do next
7. Some hoped Mr Kejriwal would focus on his 'big' promise for the capital
8. Music director and AAP supporter Vishal Dadlani had some sensible advice
Don't get depressed. Like I said y'day, politics is a funny place. Anything can happen. It's all good. Keep raising your voice for India. https://t.co/QIMKyA01xI— VISHAL DADLANI (@VishalDadlani) March 11, 2017
9. But Anand Mahindra reminded everyone what was really important
Watching democratic elections is our biggest sport.Even as we enjoy the spectacle let's remind ourselves what a blessing&privilege this is..— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) March 11, 2017
The question on everyone's mind now: AAP ka kya hoga? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.